Thursday, April 3, 2008

Eco-Resort Suggestion

Question: My soon-to-be husband and I really want to go to a resort for our honeymoon. I saw a documentary saying they were "bad" for the environment but am hoping you can suggest a place that will meet our needs to have an all-inclusive experience.

Answer: While there are several problems with traditional resorts (pollution, labor pratices, etc.) - the good news is that the number of resorts going green is growing every day. For example, Sandals Resorts recently became Green Globe certified. They offer all-inclusive beach vacations and wedding packages. (I plan to visit in May 2008 so I can report first hand about their green practices - check back to see what I find!).

Suite Deals at Sandals Resorts


I also recommend checking out the eco-resorts featured in Fodor’s Green Travel: The World's Best Eco-Lodges & Earth-Friendly Hotels or some of the fabulous looking destinations featured in Code Green.


Finally, you can search the database of the International Ecotourism Society.

No comments: