Thursday, May 15, 2008

Green Wedding Shower

Question:
A friend is getting married and we want to throw a green theme shower. Any ideas on how to write that in the invitation without sounding too quirky? We were thinking the theme should be green gifts but I don't want people to think literally the color green, "eco-friendly" is it...

Thanks so much,
Mira Duncan

Answer:
Hi Mira!

First, I think throwing a green shower is a wonderful idea and so much fun! My mother hosted a green shower for me and you are right to worry about the "confusion" (see picture below). Not that there is anything wrong with a green "green" shower, but if you want to throw an eco-friendly event I recommend using some of the many synonyms out there including: eco-friendly (as you suggest), sustainable, environmentally friendly, and organic when describing your objective. I also suggest including some examples of "green" gifts that might be appropriate to help people who do not know what to look for. I have included a number of items and companies in the look book that might work. Please let me know if you are looking for a green version of anything in particular. As the website is so new I only have a small fraction of the green products I recommend in the book up online.

Have a wonderful time at the shower! I hope you will come back and share your pictures afterward...

All the best,

Kate



Looking for shower game ideas?



(Print at home on recycled paper)

No comments: